[Zope] Using Java Applets in Zope

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 11:27:48 +0200

On Friday 13 July 2001 11:04, you wrote:
> > > This has nothing to do with zope or apache in fact. Java applets ar=
> > > served like any other static file. So, if the applet tag
> > > reference the jar file in the current directory, put the jar file
> > > in the same directory as the html file. As simple as this ;-)
> >
> > I am aware of that - but I don't have a HTML file ... I mean.
> > The "html" page that uses the applet is served by Zope - and therefor
> > I cannot just place the applet in the same dir as the html file.
>
> You should be able to. OK, it's not a directory on disk - it's a
> directory in the ZODB. But you should be able to simply create a "File"
> object in the right place in the ZODB and upload your .jar into
> that file.
>
> An alternative approach would depend on the way you're using Apache.
> If you have a virtual host for your Zope site, and let's say you're
> using FastCGI to communicate between Apache and Zope, then you should
> be able to tell Apache _not_ to do so for URLs containing, for
> example "/applets/", and to instead serve them direct from some directo=
ry
> in your filesystem (as you would with standalone Apache). Then you'd ju=
st
> put your .jar(s) in that directory. This is a common strategy for, eg,
> serving images. Let me know if you want to know more detail. :-)
>
> But this is perhaps overcomplicated, simply uploading the .jar into
> a "File" object in the ZODB should work.
>
> -Andy

I'll try with the file object.
Now it's for use in a CMF Portal but I'll guess that the workaround would=
 be=20
the same. Just place the file object in a skin folder.

I'll try it out and let u know if it doesn't work :-)

For your info - we are using ProxyPass and VirtualHosts in apache

Regards,

--=20
Gitte Wange Jensen

Sys Admin, Developer and a lot more
MMmanager.org Aps, Denmark

Phone: +45 29 72 79 72
Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: www.mmmanager.org

Quote of the day:
"Diskussioner ville ikke vare l=E6nge, hvis det kun var den ene part, der
tog fejl."