[Zope] Last Modified Entry for Methods

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 14 Jul 2001 15:11:29 +0200 (CEST)

=?iso-8859-1?Q?Martin=5FSt=F6tzel?= writes:
 > I use the bobobase property(?) to display when a document has been edited.
 > <dtml-var bobobase_modification_time fmt="%d.%m.%Y">
 >
 > But this works so far only for folders and not for methods.
I see it working in the Zope Management Interface for methods, too.

But wait, I start to understand:

    You use "<dtml-var bobobase_modification_time>" inside
    a method and are surprised that you see the context's
    modification time and not the method's?

    That's as it should be! Zope book and

      URL:http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope/book/chap3.html

    provide good background reading for that.

You can use "REQUEST['PUBLISHED'].bobobase_modification_time()"
to get the modification time of the published object.

Dieter