[Zope] different modes on running Zope

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 20:46:31 +0200 (CEST)

Imre Oolberg writes:
 > Only thing i cant figure out is how to get 2.3.3 working in a
 > single-threaded mode. I am just curious about it, is it possible any more
 > at all?
Do you use "pcgi" only to run Zope in single threaded mode?

Then, you can avoid "pcgi" and run it directly only with ZServer:

  "z2.py" has the "-t" argument. It controls the number
  of (worker) threads. "-t 1" will give you one worker
  thread (there will also be a ZServer thread, thus you have 2 threads).

Dieter

PS: I would not rely on the fact that Zope runs in single threaded
    mode under "pcgi".
    This may have been true in earlier times but changed in
    the meantime. I do not say, it has changed.
    But it might...