[Zope] Newbie Question/Where's Document Root?

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper@rice.edu
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 08:56:58 -0500

>I've installed the latest RedHat rpms from Jeff Rush's site onto a RedHat 7.1 system. I'm not using
>Apache - just the ZServer. Everything is working fine. Just curious, where the heck is the Document
>Root? What directory do the files get loaded into as you add files to the root folder?

Unless I'm misunderstanding your question, none at all. Zope doesn't act
as a front end for managing and publishing things on a file system
(unless you want it to, that is). By default Zope stores all objects in
the ZODB (Zope Object Database) which is backed by the Data.fs file in
the zope/var directory. Zope publishes objects in the ZODB, not files
from the filesystem.

         --jcc
    (a misconnect?)