[Zope] Autogenerate id's

Paul Zwarts paz@oratrix.com
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 16:32:24 +0200

Here's a script my colleague wrote for generating unique ids randomly. Maybe
this will help you: The import line may contain some extra stuff, so check
it because it came from a much larger script file.

Success,
Paz

from whrandom import choice
from string import join, uppercase, digits

def generateTransactionID(self):
    """ Generate a unique 8 character transaction ID.
        Check's uniqueness against another method (database call?)
        transactions.checkTransID """
    genID = lambda len: join(map(lambda i: choice(uppercase + digits),
range(len)), '')
    sTID = genID(8)
    while self.transactions.checkTransID(transactID=sTID):
        sTID = genID(8)
    return sTID

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of Gitte
Wange
Sent: Tuesday, July 17, 2001 3:58 PM
To: zope@zope.org
Subject: [Zope] Autogenerate id's

Hello,

I was wondering if any of you had created any scripts in order to create an
auto-generated ID ?

Tried to find it in the archives, but found nothing :-(

Regards,

--
Gitte Wange Jensen

Sys Admin, Developer and a lot more
MMmanager.org Aps, Denmark

Phone: +45 29 72 79 72
Email: gitte@mmmanager.org
Web: www.mmmanager.org

Quote of the day:
Ok, the guy who made the netfilter Makefile was probably on some
really interesting and probably highly illegal drugs when he wrote it.
	- Linus Torvalds