[Zope] How do I use a Z Oracle Connection in a script?

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Tue, 17 Jul 2001 23:33:28 +0200 (CEST)

J. Cone writes:
 > My attempt is now:
 >   db0=context.Oracle_database_connection
 >   db=db0()
 >
 >   c=db.cursor
 > and my error is now:
 >   - being prompted for a username and password
 >   - the administrator's account and password won't do
 >   - after three attempts or cancel, whichever happens first:
 >       Unauthorized
Low level DB-API wrappers are not designed to be used
from any restricted environment (DTML, Python Script, PageTemplates, ...).
They lack security declarations which makes all methods private.
You can only use them from External Methods or Python Products.

Dieter