[Zope] UnpicklingError for simple zexp import on 2.3.3

Didier Georgieff Didier Georgieff <dgieff@divinerites.com>
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 06:51:30 +0100

I'm reposting this one with a right title (sorry for the troubel)

Hello, A friend of mine has an UnpicklingError when she imports a
simple zexp file (DTML method with northing but text and a simple
form button) at root level. Her Setup :

* She has a fresh Redhat 7.0, python 1.5.2

* Zope 2.3.3 compiled from source

* imported some products (cookieCrumbler, nfgnav, yahaw, popoto)

My setup :

* win 98

* 2.3.3 binary

The imports also works fine on NT/2.3.2

All works fine on her machine untill she does the import.
Otherwise, nothing wrong.

The "bad" .zexp is a simple DTML method export (only text and a
form) from the Win98 machine.

Any idea about that ?

I saw in the archive that this happens sometimes, but with no

We can provide the Data.fs for investigation if needed.

Thanks a lot.

Zope Error                Zope has encountered an error while
publishing this resource.                Error Type: UnpicklingError
               Error Value: could not find MARK Traceback (innermost
last):
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 223,
in publish_module
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 187,
in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/Zope/__init__.py, line
221, in
zpublisher_exception_hook
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 171,
in publish
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/mapply.py,
line 160,
in mapply
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZPublisher/Publish.py,
line 112,
in call_object
    (Object: manage_importObject)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/OFS/ObjectManager.py,
line 563,
in manage_importObject
    (Object: Traversable)
  File /usr/local/Zope-2.3.3-src/lib/python/ZODB/ExportImport.py,
line 208,
in importFile
UnpicklingError: (see above)