[Zope] Difference between zope and apache

Jan-Frode Myklebust janfrode@parallab.uib.no
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:28:23 +0200

On Mon, May 28, 2001 at 05:09:17PM +1000, Zac Stevens wrote:

> | returns different results if the index_html contains relative URLs
> | below /myDirectory/.
> |
> | Bug or feature?
>
> Feature.

So why change it in Zope 2.4?:) This change had me
totally confused for a while.. It seems that in 2.4
the publisher will put a <base href> in the header
when one accesses a folder object, unless it's
already there.

I just ran one of my pages trough the
validator.w3.org, and it complained that

	<base href="something" />
                              ^^^
wasn't valid. I search trough all my files for where
it could be putting in this extra '/', and
eventually grep'ed trough the zope-source for it to
find it in the publisher.  Very confusing..

This should be documented in the 2.4 migration
guide.

BTW: why end the base href with '/>', and not
simply '>'?

  -jf