[Zope] aquisition+init problem

Koukis Dimitrios-Vassilios koukis@mailhost.vtrip-ltd.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 12:36:22 +0300 (EEST)

I am facing a problem while tring to develop a product.I want to use an
attribute of the parent of my object but the problem is that i want to use
it in the __init__ method.The problem occurs due to the fact that i am
tring to use aquisition over the object while it is not "ready" because
__init__ isn't over yet.(for example there is no attribute self.aq_parent
meaning that aquisition can't be used yet ).
In particular i have a folder containing a database connection and in
the same folder i am tring to create an instance of my object.In it's
__init__  method i want to contact the database and create a table for
example.The problem is that the database connection can't be found because
as said before there is no aquisition yet.
So if i want to do something while constructing the object using a function
that requires an attribute of the parent what should i do?
							Thanx

PS:Because i am not yet subscribed to the list please be sure that my
e-mail address is in the cc field.A