[Zope] Multiple Sites and Apache

seb bacon seb@jamkit.com
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 11:43:47 +0100

* Timothy Wilson <wilson@visi.com> [010717 20:12]:
> On Tue, 17 Jul 2001, Thomas T. Veldhouse wrote:
>
> > > Why not ProxyPass + SiteRoot?  2 different ProxyPass statements, and a
> > > corresponding SiteRoot object in each subdirectory?
> >
> > I am not familiar with ProxyPass.  However, I did try SiteRoot and whatever
> > it did, it caused the Zope management interface to become unaccessable (both
> > from Apache and 8080).  Hmm ?
>
> Give the VirtualHostMonster a try. It won't lock you out of your site like
> SiteRoot will if you aren't configured correctly. Add a VirtualHostMonster
> to the root of your Zope and read the instructions that are displayed. It's
> pretty straight-forward.

Agreed.  I'd go as far as to say it's now the recommended solution
unless you have some other reason to use ProxyPass (although I'm not
sure if I heard this from DC or not).  It's certainly made my life
immeasurably better :-)

There's such a confusion of ways to do Virtual Hosts, it would be nice
to get some kind of consensus on the 'recommended' way of doing it.
It must be really confusing for newbies.

seb