[Zope] images as properties of a document.

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Wed, 18 Jul 2001 08:33:51 -0500

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 04:09:05PM +1000, Tom Cameron wrote:

> As a further explanation, I am trying to create a very structured template
> page. The end user simply edits the properties of the page and I create the
> templates and how it renders by modifying the index_html method. I have
> looked at ZPT and they dont seem to do exactly what I want.

Subclass a folderish object, perhaps? The images wouldn't be
properties per se, but would be held inside the object and would be
just as accessible. The folderish object could have its own properties
(or included dtml objects, for that matter), and you could still edit
its index_html rendering just like you are now.

Do it as a ZClass if you're really lazy, or look into MaxM's minimal
product howtos if you want to do it The Right Way in Python.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu