[Zope] Can I *add* to the roles a user has?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:53:35 +0100

On 17/7/01 10:16 pm, "Phil Harris" <phil.harris@zope.co.uk> wrote:

> Tone,
>
> Is there any reason you can't use local roles?
>
> It seems to me this would cover you quite nicely.
>
> Just an idea.
>
> Phil

Good point Phil - when your message came through I thought "yup that's it".

However, it seems that with local roles I need to know the username before
hand (ie from an acquired acl_users folder) I'm using a UserDB folder
connected to a database.

I've always had real problems with an acl_users folder in a sub folder where
a UserDB is doing top level authentication though.

I guess I'll look at this option, as I tried the pluggable brains 'solution'
and, as my message to Jens shows, it's not working in the way I wanted it
to. My only other option is to try to use *gulp* LoginManager as suggested
by Jim.

Cheers
Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140