[Zope] Can I *add* to the roles a user has?

Tony McDonald tony.mcdonald@ncl.ac.uk
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 10:53:35 +0100

On 17/7/01 6:42 pm, "jmr@computing.com" <jmr@computing.com> wrote:

> tony.mcdonald> I need to then *add* to these roles by looking up in another
> database (I
> tony.mcdonald> can't easily edit the first database).
>
> LoginManager can do this.  It's alluded to in the documentation, but
> there's no description of exactly *how*.

Dang! I was hoping that someone would say that (and then hoping that someone
*wouldn't* say that). I guess LoginManager is the most versatile
authentication scheme we have for Zope, but every time I've tried to get my
head around it .... Kaboom!

Thanks for the pointer Jim - I guess I'll have to look at it again, I've
tried using a pluggable brain with the UserDB UserQuery SQL method, but it
doesn't seem to work (the combined new roles field is not being returned).

Cheers
Tone.
--
Dr Tony McDonald,  Assistant Director, FMCC, http://www.fmcc.org.uk/
The Medical School, Newcastle University Tel: +44 191 243 6140