[Zope] ODBC, SQL,Zope, NT4 , Jshell

Farrell, Troy troy.farrell@wcg.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:33:50 -0500

Errrrgh!  I had this problem long ago and I don't remember how I solved it.
Waaaaay back when I was still using Access.  Hmmm.  First, turn on ODBC
debugging.  For this, we need to examine the SQL.log file it creates.  Look
at that and we need to see if python can talk to Access over ODBC.

Troy

-----Original Message-----
From: CURTIS David [mailto:David.Curtis@state.or.us]
Sent: Thursday, July 19, 2001 4:00 PM
To: troy.farrell@wcg.com
Subject: RE: [Zope] ODBC, SQL,Zope, NT4 , Jshell

>>> troy.farrell@wcg.com 07/19/01 12:54PM >>>
what happens if you change to
<dtml-sqlvar name="customer_id" type="nb">,
<dtml-sqlvar name="name" type="nb">,
<dtml-sqlvar name="planet" type="nb" optional>,
<dtml-sqlvar name="age" type="int" optional>

What is the error message?  Is the traceback in the HTML source?

Troy
There was no data matching this Insert a Customer query.
Thanks for the quick reply.  Here is what I get displayed on the screen.
There was no data matching this Insert a Customer query.

----
SQL used:
There was no data matching this Insert a Customer query.
Insert into customers (
customer_id, name, planet, age
) VALUES (
'QW32',
'John Smith',
'Earth',
15
)

But using single quotes in the TEST tab did allow for appending.  So Maybe
there is hope?  :-)