[Zope] Using Zope

Todd Cranston-Cuebas Todd_Cranston-Cuebas@citysearch.com
Thu, 19 Jul 2001 16:02:03 -0700

Jen,

I'm a newbie, so I can't tell you exactly how to do this. Since Zope
supports webdav, you can use this extension to the http protocol to allow
your people to use a WYSIWYG editor, like DreamWeaver and GoLive. They use
the WYSIWIG editor and when they save the file, it is actually saved across
the net to the server. The "file" is one of the dtml objects in the ZODBC.
They don't have to use the Zope management interface or really even know
they are interacting with the server to a large extent.

You can also check out http://www.webdav.org <http://www.webdav.org>  for
more info.

When the Zope server is started, you use the -W argument to the start
command to start webdav support. You'll have to also assign a port to the
webdav traffic. Your start command would look something like (assuming
you're using unix/linux)...

./start -W 8070

where 8070 is a the port of your choosing.

It's funny, we went over this is our user group last night, the LA Zope
User's Group (lazug.org), but getting this all to work is beyond is beyond
my experience. Anyone else have details on making this work? I'd especially
be interested in knowing how to set up DreamWeaver webdav interaction with
the Zope server.

Todd