[Zope] Trying to use Vim for remote editing with Zope

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 08:44:38 +0200

Hi Michel

Thanks for the answer :)

> Are you sure you just don't have a syntax error in your python code?

Pretty much, yes -- all I did was to add "testing vim" to the
docstring of an existing, working method.

Something I have seen, is that Vim comes up showing ^M characters
(literal newlines) at the line ends of the Parameters comment block,
but not in the body of the document. I thought that this might
confuse ftp ASCII mode ..

> Editing python scripts with Emacs over FTP works fine, BTW

Yes, I've done that too!

<gripe><moan>
Unfortunately I don't have years of Emacs experience, and though I
truly long to use it, I find it an absolute Beast. Just changing the
default font at startup has me stumped. I've asked on the emacs
newsgroups, and got one or two obscure answers which led to
default-frame-alist, which the emacs docs said was obsolete (changed
to default-frame-plist) without documenting using it to specify fonts.
I also found a bunch of threads about people flaming RedHat for
mal-customizing the Emacs they distribute, and contributing long
slews of elisp to unbreak things like M-x apropos, which makes me
feel way out of my depth. I wouldn't even know if things were broken.
That's absolutely typical for my Emacs experience. I've yet to get
IMAP support for Gnus installed, too.
</moan></gripe>

Regards,
Jean