[Zope] Problems importing

Danni Efraim daml@galdrion.com
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 13:11:47 +0200

Hi!

I've got a problem that's bothering me no end.

I'm trying to import a file (gskolan.zexp) exported from Zope 2.3.0 into my
2.3.3, but I keep getting the following message:

"The object gskolan does not support this operation."

I ran this through the Wing debugger to try to figure out where things go
wrong, because the Zope debug output only told me the error was in
"_verifyObjectPaste".

First, I get a KeyError exception in ZPublisher/HTTPRequest.py, line 884,
method __getitem__ of class HTTPRequest. The value of the variable key at
this time is "__nonzero__".

The exception generating the message I see is located at OFS/CopySupport.py,
line 440, method _verifyObjectPaste of class CopyContainer.

Interesting data:
meta_types = ({'name': 'Product', 'action': 'manage_addProductForm'},)
mt = "Folder"
method_name = None

What happens is that the exception is reached because method_name is None,
which in turn happens because none of the entries in meta_types has a
['name'] that is "Folder". The only that exists is "Product"! Does this mean
I can only import products this way?

Because of the KeyError exception, I grepped the documentation for
"__nonzero__" and found a bugfix mentioning it from 2.3.1. Could this whole
thing be occuring because I'm importing a file exported from 2.3.0 to a
2.3.3? I don't have access to the 2.3.0 server to upgrade it. Maybe I could
try installing a 2.3.0, importing, upgrading and then exporting.

I'd be very thankful for any feedback on this problem!

/Danni