[Zope] Product development

Stefan Heimann stefan.heimann@web.de
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 22:01:17 +0200

>  Zope product development tip-o-the-day :)
>

> > I have some problems creating my first product. I've read the
> > Developers Guide and the boring product, but I could not solve 2
> > problems:
> >
> > 1.) I can select my product from the add list, but
> > whenever I try to add it to the folder (after submitting the add form)
> > I get an error message: KeyError: manage_page_header

Ok, your suggestion works fine, thanks!

> > 2.) I want to add some properties to my product. So I defined the
> > _properties variable, but my property 'color' does not appear on the
> > property manage interface.
>

> >      _properties=({'id':'color', 'type': 'selection', 'mode':
> > 'w', 'select_variable': 'getColors'},
> >                   )
>
> I _suspect_ (but I can't verify, since I can't get to the docs at
> the moment and I haven't used the selection / select_variable stuff
> very much myself) that 'getColors' also has to be a property. The
> Zope book (online) should be able to clarify that.

I've tried it with type string for my color property: Does NOT work.
But I noticed that not the property tab of the created article is
shown in the management interface, but the property tab of its folder,
altough the url is correct.
Seems to me as Zope tries first to get 'manage_propertiesForm' from
my article and then (because the attribute is not found) from the
folder. But why doesn't Zope find the attribute in the class Article?
Article is derived from PropertyManager, and PropertyManager defines
an attribute called 'manage_propertiesForm.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Bye Stefan

--
Stefan Heimann       | fon: +49 (0761) 3196897
Brandensteinstr. 5   | fax: +49 (01212) 510339818