[Zope] How do I apply a patch?

Tino Wildenhain tino@wildenhain.de
Sun, 22 Jul 2001 01:14:48 +0200

Hi Neil,

this depends on the actual "patch". If you tell us, where
you found it, we might help you better.
Mostly patches are created with "diff", a program which
determines in which a given text file differs from an other.
It puts aut another file, which reads like this:
- this line will be removed
+ this line will be added instead.

together whith some information about the line-numbers.
This is the transition from the one to the other file.
There is a programm called "path" which can read this
file and produce the new version.

If you dont find a "patch" programm for your OS, you
can do it by hand with a text editor. Find the lines
which start with - in the one file, remove them and
add the lined with + at the given locations.

HTH
Tino Wildenhain