[Zope] Render a DTML doc from a python script (not external method)

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Sat, 21 Jul 2001 20:07:11 +0200 (CEST)

Gilles Lenfant writes:
 > I make a Python script that chooses the DTML document where to go depending
 > on the content of a form.
 > The target DTML doc is in the same folder as the form (DTML doc too)
 >
 > I'm getting tired of trying to render the object correctly:
 >
 > (a) Trying to play with RESPONSE.redirect(...) does not work from Python
 > script (in fact does nothing whatever I put as argument)
I cannot believe you:

   I do it often (and successfull) with Zope 2.3.3.

 > (b) "return container['mydtmldoc']" gives an unrendered document
As it should...

 > (c) "return container['mydtmldoc'] (_.None, _)"  give an AttributeError
 > (Error value "validate") when rendering 'mydtmldoc'
That should work, provided that you have bound the namespace.

But try:

    return container['mydtmldoc'](container,container.REQUEST)

That is how ZPublisher would call it.

Dieter