[Zope] ZClass and Product migration issues

Tom Cameron tom@mooball.com
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 13:21:23 +1000

I am starting to experiment with ZClasses, and hopefully eventually Products
in Python.

I am wondering how easy it is to migrate at a later date.

If I were to create a ZClass based Product and start using it extensively,
how easy would it be to migrate to a full Python Product at a later date? If
the two have identical or similar methods, is there a way to change the
instances over to the new product.?

Similarly, if I subclass standard Zope objects like folders and documents,
am I likely to have problems in the future with new versions of Zope?

In any case I am expecting that the Product will be continually evolving.
How are instances affected when new versions of products are installed?

I am not too familiar with this stuff and dont want to work my way down the
wrong path.

Tom