[Zope] Problems with virtual hosting

Mike Renfro renfro@tntech.edu
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 09:30:27 -0500

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 09:53:44AM +0200, Frank Sonnemans wrote:

> 1. My hosts file was not setup correctly for the virtual domain.

Warning added to howto. I'll probably move it closer to the front,
though.

> The term my.virtual.host is (to me) unclear in that it could refer
> to the real virtual host address (umle.sbs-online.com:8080) or the
> proxied address (umle.sbs-online.com).

I think I had a part of the howto that said, "in my case, that would
be www.cae.tntech.edu" or similar. I suppose I might as well add an
exact copy of my config, though. I was trying to not expose too much
of our setup here, but with the extra explanations, I've nearly done
so anyway.

In any case, it's updated and hopefully more clear. Anyone on the list
who has other suggestions can always make them, of course.

--
Mike Renfro  / R&D Engineer, Center for Manufacturing Research,
931 372-3601 / Tennessee Technological University -- renfro@tntech.edu