[Zope] LARGE FILE SUPPORT

J. Cameron Cooper jccooper@rice.edu
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 17:03:33 -0500

> 1- I'm using Red HAt Linux 6.2 How do I know if it's large-file-capable ?

I think that large files are only available with Linux 2.4.x kernels,
which I think rules out RH6.2 unless you've done something special.

The sure-fire test, of course, is to create a > 2Gb file and try to see
its size. If you don't get an accurate reading, your system doesn't do
+2Gb files.

> 2- How do I re-compile python as described in 8.1.1, there's any
> step-by-step guide

The Python docs say that there are complete compiling instructions in
the README file in the source distribution. My guess is that it goes
something like: ./configure && make && make install

        --jcc
      (make install)