[Zope] Netscape doesn't recognize dtml-doc as html

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:27:03 +0200 (CEST)

Stephan Goeldi writes:
 > I think this is a newbie question. When Netscape doesn't realize, that a
 > dtml-document is HTML (e.g. when I have a link to
 > http://www.website.com/zope and /zope is a dtml-doc), what can I do? In the
 > standard_html_header is the tag
 > !doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 3.2//en"
 > I thought this should be enough to let browsers recognize dtml as html.
It is not relevant for the recognition as HTML.

DTML objects set the "Content-Type" to "text/html" by default.
You need to do special things to prevent them to do this.

Use Shane's "tcpwath" (or a similar tool) to see
what HTTP response headers are sent for you document.

Dieter