[Zope] Transparent Folders curse strikes again: A play in two acts

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 23 Jul 2001 22:15:03 +0200 (CEST)

Itai Tavor writes:
 > >Itai Tavor writes:
 > >  > I've just been bitten with a Transparent Folder bug for the fourth
 > >  > time. A Folder containting a Transparent Folder becomes itself
 > >  > transparent, with the result that my whole ZODB is now a mess of
 > >  > acquired objects that pretty much prevent anything from working
 > >  > right. In the past the only way I found to clear the problem was to
 > >  > delete the Transparent Folders, export everything, reimport and
 > >  > recreate the TFs. But if it's just going to happen again, what's the
 > >  > point?
 > >This problem has been decribed recently (--> archives).
 > >
 > >Share responded:
 > >
 > >   found problem,
 > >   should have prevented access to all names starting with "_",
 > >   have a fix but want to check it for some time before making new
 > >     release
 > >

 > >Dieter
 >
 > Other than my own posting back in January and Shane's response to it,
 > which did not result in a solution
In the Transparent Folder "__getattr__" you find
a line:

  if tpids and not self._v_no_transparent and name[:3] != '_p_'

Change this to:

  if tpids and not self._v_no_transparent and name[:1] != '_'

That's what Shane proposed but wanted to check for a while.

Dieter