[Zope] update 2.3.3 to 2.4.0

Ausum augusto@artlover.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 07:28:42 -0500

I tried that (packing the database), but got error messages wich I really
didn't have the time to worry about, so I didn't care. Thus I went the other
way, the exporting/importing items alternative.

Works fine if your site is small. If you have large size folders it would be
better you have tons of memory.
I'm joining you guys, in the look for an official  way to perform this. :)

Ausum

Paul Zwarts wrote:

> Well, You'll have to ask the big people of zope... I'm just a user. But I
> doubt there is much difference in the file format of the Data.fs. Its just
> big packing method of storage, thus I think the python differences lie in
> the guts of zope.....
>
> If there were big changes in how Zope was packing its Data.fs, methinks
> there would be a big shit-storm (activate Zope censors) on the list
> regarding upgrades....
>
> Paz

Python