[Zope] Re: en plus

Jerome Alet alet@unice.fr
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 16:17:45 +0200 (MET DST)

First I hope you don't care if I CC this to the list, since I've forgotten
some info which answers your question in my announce I think it's OK, but
please forgive me if it's not.

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Peter Bengtsson wrote:

> more about your improvements on load_site
>
> When I upload photos to my site I do that using th load_site.py module
> because I have Zope 2.3.0 and it doesn't support uploading via the ZMI or in
> scripts large photos.
> To save time and not having to click each photo and set the title property I
> do that with the filename.
>
> naked~My dad naked.jpg is uploaded on the server as an Image object.
> Then I start a script that converts the image to a Photo object and renames
> it and gives it a title.
>
> Image:
>     id: naked~My dad naked.jpg
>     title:
> ...becomes...
> Photo:
>    id: naked.jpg
>    title: My dad naked
>
> Nifty isn't it.
> Perhaps some implementation like that in your new load_site? My parser for
> the id and title is well tested, perhaps you want it (pas grave).

I've forgotten to say it in my announce of the patch:

The title property is also set to the original file name this way:

	title: file:/My dad naked.jpg

Perhaps we should discard every path component and the extension to only
keep "My dad naked".

PS: that's not MY new load_site.py, that's just a patch. I don't plan to
become load_site's maintainer...

bye,

Jerome Alet