[Zope] IPC10 Call For Tutorials

Garrett G. Hodgson garry@sage.att.com
Tue, 24 Jul 2001 21:29:15 -0400 (EDT)

We're now accepting proposals for tutorials for IPC10, the
annual Python conference.  We had a good batch last year, and
are hoping to have some equally good ones this year.

Tutorials can cover any topic related to Python or its use,
so graphics, networking, web, XML, Zope, etc are all fair game.
Anything that you think will be of interest to a segment of the
Python community.

With all the changes in the language, it might be nice to have a
tutorial on advanced Python usage, covering new features, OO,
functional programming style, etc.  Or perhaps a team-taught class
that combines multiple topics to build some non-trivial application,
like using wxpython and the protocol libraries to build a news/mail reader.
Feel free to come up with unusual topics or approaches, or to contact
me with a half-baked idea.  Maybe we can turn it into something good.

The deadline for submitting proposals is Monday, October 1, 2001,
but it would be great to have feedback sooner if you're thinking about
submitting something.  For more information, please see
http://www.python10.org/p10-calltutorials.html

Garry Hodgson                   And when they offer
Senior Hacker                    golden apples
garry@sage.att.com                are you sure you'll refuse?
Software Innovation Services    Heaven help the fool.
AT&T Labs