Easy... Re: [Zope] update 2.3.3 to 2.4.0

Shane Hathaway shane@digicool.com
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 00:38:02 -0400

Ron Bickers wrote:
> So, ZC (or anyone else knowledgeable of Zope guts), is my Data.fs dirty from
> not going through an export/import process every time I upgrade, or is my
> positive experience doing it this way because there's nothing wrong with it?

There's nothing wrong with doing that at all.  The format of Data.fs has
not changed for a couple of years now.  In fact doing an export and an
import is nearly equivalent to just copying Data.fs.

In fact, several times I've used a Data.fs created by a later version in
an earlier version of Zope.  It really works. :-)

Shane