[Zope] ColdFusion - I want to remain a Zopista, please help

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 15:29:50 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Thomas B. Passin wrote:

> Whether Cold Fusion might be a better choice depends on what you want to do.
> CF is very good for creating individual web pages that connect to databases
> and work with form and session variables.  Using stylesheets and custom tags
> (written in CFML, Cold Fusion Markup Language), you can get a consistent
> look and feel if you want to.  It's easier to connect to different databases
> and write queries in CF, because the connection can be changed easily and
> all your methods are not chopped up and isolated.  CFML is very easy to use
> and read, and makes it easy to set local variables, something that is
> awkward in Zope.

One small thing to note: the dtml-set add-on makes local variables
extremely clean:

<dtml-set foo="'bar'"> for strings, replaces

  <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('foo','bar')">

<dtml-set foo="1+2"> for python expressions

<dtml-set foo="'bar'" optional> replaces

 <dtml-unless foo>
   <dtml-call "REQUEST.set('foo','bar')">
 </dtml-unless>

--