[Zope] ColdFusion - I want to remain a Zopista, please help

Joel Burton jburton@scw.org
Wed, 25 Jul 2001 17:21:21 -0400 (EDT)

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, Thomas B. Passin wrote:

> [Joel Burton]
> >
> > One small thing to note: the dtml-set add-on makes local variables
> > extremely clean:
> >

> Yes, and I got very interested in it when I first read about it.  I  was
> concerned about a non-standard installation, and possible problems when the
> switch to Python 2.1 came, so I decided to wait.  Then I read something, I
> forget the details, that suggested there might be some problems in using it
> depending on  what you were trying to do.  But I couldn't find that
> referencee again.
>
> So I decided to wait for awhile.  But I'm still very interested.  Perhaps
> you can allay my concerns and I'll start using it.

It's python 2.1 ready/Zope 2.4 ready. (To help alleviate the fears that
you'll be stuck one day not being able to upgrade it, I patched it myself
to be 2.4 ready, which took about 15 minutes, and I'm not a
superguru. There is an official 2.4 version now, however.)

I'd love to see the fine folks at the Zope Corporation roll it into the
standard distribution. Perhaps we on the mailing list can cheerfully
suggest this.

It works perfectly, all the time. Can't think of any problems. Anyone?

--
Joel Burton   <jburton@scw.org>