[Zope] Re: [Zope]ZWiki and SiteAccess problems

Simon Michael simon@joyful.com
26 Jul 2001 08:05:52 -0700

Gregor Hoffleit <gregor@mediasupervision.de> writes:
> Is it only me, or does ZWiki have problems with SiteAccess ? I have an

Hi Gregor,

it has had in the past. Does the latest (0.9.3 or cvs) version help ?
You'll see about 7 different variants of these methods.  The latest
has produced fewest bug reports, if it doesn't work for you tell us
more.

I have the feeling it should be solvable with the current code and
perhaps some tweaks to your siteaccess configuration. I still do the
latter by trial and error so I can't really advise there.

> PS: zwiki.org and joyful.com seem to be down since at least yesterday.
> Does anybody know what's going on ?

I haven't seen that..
( http://uptime.arsdigita.com/uptime/reports.tcl?monitor_id=119420 )

> PPS: What's the fastest way to set up a new ZWiki site so that people
> get a change to register as users?

I took a stable release of the PTK, created a wiki in a subfolder via
some ZMI trick, and hacked/hid everything but the membership
functionality. There's a page about it somewhere on zwiki.org if
you're interested. I haven't tried it with the CMF, though I hope to
soon. The standalone membership/loginmanager products should also be
an option, unfortunately I never managed to get them working.

-Simon