[Zope] Error messages in installation of Zope 2.4.0

Brian Lloyd brian@digicool.com
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 20:58:07 -0400

> OK, building the 2.4.0 Zope distribution from source with Python
> 2.1.1 works
> fine. The only reason that I am posting this is that I think that
> the BINARY
> 2.4.0 distribution still has some minor bugs which produce
> irritating error
> messages.

FYI - the error message (included below) occurs when, at install
time, we compile all the .py files in the binary distribution. This
happens to include all of the standard Python libary and test modules
for a binary dist. The 'nocaret.py' that is part of the tests in the
Python libary doesn't seem to want to compile for some reason.

I _really_ don't want to modify the included Python distribution
files - perhaps we could modify the install script to silently
consume that so it doesn't scare people.

> > > When I install Zope 2.4.0 on RedHat 7.1 I get the following error
> > > messages.
> > > Otherwise Zope seems to run fine. Any ideas?
> > >
> > > Compiling python modules
> > >   File
> "/usr/local/Zope-2.4.0-linux2-x86/lib/python2.1/test/nocaret.py",
> > > line
> > > 2
> > >     [x for x in x] = x
> > > SyntaxError: can't assign to list comprehension
> > > SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the
> beginning of the
> > > file
> > > (test_future3.py, line 3)
> > > SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the
> beginning of the
> > > file
> > > (test_future4.py, line 3)
> > > SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the
> beginning of the
> > > file
> > > (test_future5.py, line 4)
> > > SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the
> beginning of the
> > > file
> > > (test_future6.py, line 3)
> > > SyntaxError: from __future__ imports must occur at the
> beginning of the
> > > file
> > > (test_future7.py, line 3)

Brian Lloyd        brian@digicool.com