[Zope] File extension mangling & FTP/WebDAV

Joachim Werner joe@iuveno-net.de
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 04:23:47 +0200

>  * for all the files in a folders, the server would add a simulated
> extension. For example, for dtml methods, the server would report a file
> called 'index_html.dtmm', or for dtml documents, 'index_html.dtmd'.
>
>  * this file could easily be updated by most HTML tools.
>
>  * when saving this file, the Zope server would re-mangle the filename
> back to the original.

I am not sure if this hack wouldn't break some other things. But one
advantage of it would be that there would be a way of telling Zope that it
should build a ZPT instead of a DTML Document: Just provide another
extension (e.g. .zpt instead of .dtmd). Currently I have to create all ZPTs
in Zope first ...

> It's definitely a hack, but could be coded in much less time than it will
> take Macromedia & Adobe to fix their programs.

;-)