[Zope] Automatically go to another page after query results?

Thomas B. Passin tpassin@mitretek.org
Fri, 27 Jul 2001 10:52:15 -0400

[Bob Campbell]

> A user looks at the Officer info page and then clicks Modify to change the
> information. In the Modify page, once the user clicks Submit, the update
is
> made and I then need to and send the user to back to the Officer info
page.

> I've been trying RESPONSE.redirect but cannot figure out syntactically how
> to pass the
> parameters...
>
>  RESPONSE.redirect('cltest?var1=<dtml-var var1in>')
>
>  The above causes var1 to be equal to the actual text of <dtml-var var1in>
>
>  So what I need to do is... within a dtml method I want to automatically
go
> to another page (need to
>  pass parameters as well) after certain steps are performed such as an
> update
>  query
>
>  In Cold Fusion I was able to do this using the CFLOCATION tag.

When the form is submitted,  have the action (which updates your data) send
the user some page.  In that page's body tag, you can put

Presto - instant redirection.

Cheers,

Tom P