[Zope] Huh? Undefined symbol "ERR_load_RSAREF_strings"

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Mon, 30 Jul 2001 19:41:56 +0200 (CEST)

Tosh Cooey writes:
 > A little RTFM later and it seems
 > this happens if there are problems starting Zope, so I check to see if
 > it even runs with the 'start' command, here's what I get:
 >
 > Traceback (most recent call last):
 >   File "/usr/local/www/Zope/z2.py", line 542, in ?
 >     import ZServer
 >   File "/usr/local/www/Zope/ZServer/__init__.py", line 87, in ?
 >     from medusa import max_sockets, asyncore
 >   File "/usr/local/www/Zope/ZServer/medusa/max_sockets.py", line 2, in ?
 >     import socket
 >   File "/usr/local/lib/python2.1/socket.py", line 41, in ?
 >     from _socket import *
 > ImportError: /usr/local/lib/libcrypto.so.1: Undefined symbol
 > "ERR_load_RSAREF_strings"
Probably, "libcrypto.so" requires an additional library that
should define "ERR_load_RSAREF_string", but the library
does not met this requirement (maybe too old).

You could try to rename "libcrypto.so" and see whether
your problem goes away (then you could work for a while).

Otherwise, you should read the installation instructions
for "libcrypto" and fetch the latest version of all
necessary support libraries.

Dieter