[Zope] FTP automangling file extension: semi-working proof-of-concept

Jean Jordaan jean@upfrontsystems.co.za
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 09:03:47 +0200

Hi Joel

> The connection w/Flare is interesting. I'm going to try
> learn more about this and post some thought soon.

I'm glad you think so :)  Mainly I really like the included
meta-data in Python scripts on the filesystem, but the commented
data-block is rather fragile and ad hoc. Flare seemed like a
good starting point for thought on formalization.

> As a general point, you certainly can name objects '_.htm';
> however, this is so anti-Zope in my mind.

I entirely agree, and wouldn't like to extend the '_.htm'-naming
beyond the involvement of the "DreamWeaver team".

> naming a zope object w/o an extension is the best idea. It's
> just difficult to edit.

It also makes one use "folder['name.htm']" instead of "folder.name"
in Python, which is almost as bad as "_['sequence-item']"!

Jean