[Zope] Aha! OK. I thought I need to explicitly add a factory to a new product. Thanks...

Mate' Sztipanovits sztipam@vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Tue, 31 Jul 2001 15:55:51 -0500

I'll try going on from here. But I can imagine that adding a separate
factory inside my Product could have caused protected operations for
my product that i had no way to set permissions or ownerships for.

Thanks Dieter!!!!

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
Dieter Maurer
Sent: Tuesday, July 31, 2001 1:58 PM
To: sztipam@vuse.vanderbilt.edu
Cc: zope@zope.org
Subject: RE: [Zope] Re: Is there a "Virtual Folder" Product??

Mate' Sztipanovits writes:
 > Once I have created a Zope Product in my Control Panel and after I added
 > Factory inside this product, how then do i add this product within
 > some other Zope folder in my Zope Root. i have gotten to the point of
 > seeing this product on the product list and upon adding it Zope Prompted
me
 > for a login to which my main zope admin (main zope installation user)
login
 > did not work.
You speak of my "MFolder"?

  Then, it is not expected that you add a factory inside the
  product. It brings its own factory with it (like
  any Python product).

  I assume (though I am not sure) that your problem comes from
  the fact that your new factory is protected by a non-existing
  permission.

Dieter