[Zope] FS Photo product

Ron Bickers rbickers-dated-992013986.be9625@logicetc.com
Fri, 1 Jun 2001 11:26:25 -0400

If this is your only problem, you can always use one of the various
utilities to split the Data.fs file into moveable chunks and put it back
together when you get it home.

> But if you think that many Image objects is performancly better than one
> Photo object, maybe it is something I should look into.

It's still a Photo object.  The Photo object is basically a single Image
object (the original image uploaded) and a series of resized objects stored
as strings.  With my modification, it's a single Image object and a series
of resized objects stored as Image objects.  I don't know about performance,
but memory usage is definitely better with Image objects.  My patch will
take existing Photo objects and rebuild them when they are first viewed, so
there's no need to start over.

> What? What '"randomly" messed up [dimensions]'? Are the dimensions of the
> different sizes not right? (honestly, a resize in a Photo is
> worse than when
> you do it in Photoshop)

I don't fully understand what's going on in that part of Photo, but it makes
a "copy" of the set of dimensions stored in the Photo product to use with
each uploaded Photo.  The problem was that when I uploaded a horizontal
images (where the x is larger than the y), and then uploaded virtical images
(y greater than x) in the same folder, it seemed to randomly swap the
dimensions of my horizontal images to be the virtical equivalent, and vice
versa.  I could reproduce it fairly easily with trial and error, but I
couldn't explain a process for someone else to reproduce it.  At least one
other person reported to me that they had the same problem (and that my fix
took care of it), but it's apparently a rare occurrence since I haven't seen
any other reports.

Ron Bickers
Logic Etc, Inc.