[Zope] dtml-sendmail/smtplib.py

zopelist@jkimpact.com zopelist@jkimpact.com
Sun, 3 Jun 2001 15:59:23 -0700

I'm new to zope/python so this may have been addressed elswhere but
I did search the archives and couldn't find it

Redhat7.0
Sendmail 8.11.0
Python 1.5.2

My First email form threw an error which I traced to this ...
/usr/lib/python1.5/smtplib.py : line 303
name=socket.gethostbyaddr(socket.gethostname())[0]

I ran it at the python interpreter prompt and it threw an error so I
changed it till I got a hostname from it, the line that worked for me was

name=socket.gethostname()

I'm happy it worked BUT is this going to break other components of my zope system
and/or python? Or is it normal to need to tweak this file for different versions of
sendmail

Thanks for any advice

Kai Keliikuli