[Zope] Zope & MySQL: one step closer

Horst Wald horstwald@hotmail.com
Tue, 05 Jun 2001 12:08:09 -0000

Hi!

As some of you might already know, I'm trying to connect Zope to MySQL which
proves to be quite a hard thing for a small mind like mine. So I bought
myself an ebook, and it says I need:

Suse Linux 6.4
Zope 2.2.0 or higher
MySQL 3.22.32
Python 1.5.2
ZMySQLDA-2.0.6
MySQLdb-0.3.5

I have Suse Linux 7.0, Zope 2.3.2 and the rest is just what the ebook wants.
Of course I happily did everything I was told there, encountering no
problems at all - until I tried to add a "Z MySQL Connection"-object which,
as the book says, should be available in the "Ojects available"-menue, but
wasn't. (Of course I restarted the server before.)

Now I suspect, when the book was written, there was no Zope 2.3.2 and the
explanation in the book worked for Zope 2.2.0 and every higher version that
was released before the book was.

In more detail, what I did was:

- install MySQL and Python with YAST
- download Zope 2.3.2, because Linux 6.4 comes with Zope 2.1.6 and the book
says I need 2.2.0 or more
- unpack the adapter and the interface into the directories named in the
book
- compile the interface
- restart the server
- get angry because after all this, my Zope wasn't changed at all

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Horst