[Zope] Slow calendar rendering in Netscape

Dario Lopez-Kästen dario@ita.chalmers.se
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 14:55:12 +0200

----- Original Message -----
From: "Sherwood Robinson" <srobinson@fredericksburg.com>
Subject: Re: [Zope] Slow calendar rendering in Netscape

> Netscape 6.01 does  render calendars faster but is still far from being as
> useful as 4.7X (due to the plug-in issues).  And as for IE being faster in
> that aspect you are correct but I have found that IE has allowed designing
> web sites to become sloppy due to its slack rendering rules and standards
> application.  After all MS had to get Frontpage to work somehow!  heheheh

hehe, I didn't say it was _better_, I said it was _a bit_ faster...

However, IIRC, IE is a bit faster in displaying the table because it doesn't
wait for the table to finish rendering before displaying it, while NS
renders the whole table before displaying it, thus giving the user the
*perception* of being faster... hmm, come to think of it, it's like
"streaming tables" :-)))))))

/dario