[Zope] Permissions etc...

Laurie Nason laurien@tiger.bcm.tmc.edu
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 17:32:28 -0500

Ok guys here's the problem
I have various labs who each have users - each lab should be able to see
it's own data only which is organised as follows...

Root
|-->MyDB
	|-->acl_users (for the managers)
	|-->Groups
		|-->Group1
		|-->acl_users (for each of the members of the lab)

I have 2 roles created in the mydb folder (dbusers and dbmanagers) - each of
the members of each of the labs is assigned into one of these two roles.

All my dtml methods are stored in the mydb folder. The dbusers and
dbmanagers have view permissions and access contents information for all
these methods.

I want the users to log in and then be able to look at the index_html in the
mydb folder which then iterates through the groups that they are in and
displays them. I thought that if I gave the role dbusers permission to view
the index_html document they would have to log in and then the document
would work as required. Only it doesn't....

Is this the best way to do this? Any other ideas...?

Laurie

Laurie Nason
Dept. of Biochemistry - N420
Baylor College of Medicine