[Zope] ??? IDIOT QUESTION QUOTA EXCEEDED ???

Eric Roby vekn@msn.com
Tue, 5 Jun 2001 21:48:56 -0500

To any of you Zopemeisters willing to suffer through my idiot question.....
I am beginning to think I have exceeded my "Idiot Question" quota for the
year....
Ok, here it is in a nutshell....

I can create instances (TTW) of DTML Method, DTML Document, and even HTML
Document (installed product version 0.2) then use either an FTP client or a
WEBDav client to make changes and update.

NOW, if I try to use any of the previous as a base class for a new ZClass,
the instances created (TTW) from this new class CANNOT be managed via an FTP
client or a WEBDav client.

I have made many false starts over the past week trying to isolate this
problem.  I have ruled out roles and permissions, although I still might be
hosed here.

Out of desperation, I am contemplating modifying the HTML Document product
to fit my needs.  But I shouldn't have to do that because that is what
ZClasses is all about.  Or I thought so, anyway.

Any directions/insights are appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Eric