[Zope] Sharing Database connections and/or methods between Zo pes?

Schmidt, Allen J. aschmidt@nv.cc.va.us
Wed, 6 Jun 2001 07:50:10 -0400

Seems like such a simple thing...

I hate to say it, but it is MS Access 2000....have really had great luck
with it using Zope. Not doing anything that would come anywhere to taxing it
and since ALL connectivity has been with ODBC it has served our purpose very
well.

Access is NOT installed on either of the two Win2K servers...just using the
Access MDB driver that shows up in the ODBC setup panel. Could THIS be it?
One server can SEE the other using mapped drives or UNC connections and the
ODBC DSN sets up happily without complaint. Don't think it is a Zope issue
as I have used another method to try and access the DSN which points to the
DB on the other server. Same result...but with it, it shows the 'S1000' ODBC
error. So, thankfully, not a Zope issue.

Thanks Thomas

Allen