[Zope] DCO2: workaround for non-select errors

Kyler B. Laird laird@ecn.purdue.edu
Wed, 06 Jun 2001 19:16:05 -0500

I have been unable to fully use DCO2 since switching
to Linux (and Oracle 8 client) for my Zope server.
Although I can "select" without a problem, I
received errors when executing "queries" that didn't
 return data.  (drop/create/insert)

Today I noticed the DCO2 beta, so I tried it.
Instead of the strange and varied errors I was
getting before, I always got an exception from
fetchone().  That was just too tempting.

So...I wrapped the fetch in fetchone().
        if self._result is None:
                try:
                        self._result = self._cursor.fetch(self.arraysize)
                        self._rcount = 0
                except:
                        return None

Ta da!  Another Quickie Kyler Kludge!  Sure, it's
probably a terrible way to do it, but it seems to
work great.  I love Open Source.

--kyler