[Zope] I'm missing something really basic

Holger Lehmann lehmann@catworkx.de
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 17:59:07 +0200

Hi,

Am Donnerstag,  7. Juni 2001 02:49 schrieb Chris Ryland:
> I've been using Zope for a couple of weeks now fairly intensely, and
> learning fast. But then I run into the most obvious question in the wor=
ld,
> and I'm stumped (perhaps it's too obvious). I've scoured the documentat=
ion,
> but I can't find it. So here goes.
>
> How does a dtml document refer to the URL parameters passed to it?
>
> E.g., I have a top-level index_html dtml method containing:
>
> <dtml-var standard_html_header>
> <dtml-var content fmt=3Dstructured-text>
> <dtml-var standard_html_footer>
>
> and a dtml document 'content' at each level in my tree with stx. So far=
, so
> good.
>
> But now I want to pass two parameters to one of these 'content' documen=
t,
> as in

Try:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-var "content(parameter1=3Dvalue1,parameter2=3Dvalue2)" fmt=3Dstruct=
ured-text>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

or try:

<dtml-var standard_html_header>
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('parameter1','value1')">
<dtml-call "REQUEST.set('parameter2','value2')">
<dtml-var content fmt=3Dstructured-text>
<dtml-var standard_html_footer>

in both cases mark the different quotation marks ...

- Holger

> http://localhost:8080/about/news?product=3DXdata?newstype=3Dreview
>
> I can't for the life of me figure out how to get those two parameters. =
They
> don't seem to be in the context, and they're only in the REQUEST in the=
 raw
> parameter string (which I guess I could parse).
>
> Is it because this is a non-forms document that I don't get the paramet=
ers?
> --
> Cheers!
> Chris Ryland