[Zope] Re: Andreesen must die...

Paz paz@chello.nl
Thu, 7 Jun 2001 22:50:52 +0200

Hmm, can agree with that, but its the public masses that seed
standardization... How many people in the 80's actually payed attention to
the fact that Beta was and still IS a better standard than VHS video
tapes... Even the same for 8-track cassette... Its near DAT qaulity,
although the iron oxides used were much cruder than today's norm.

Its more about the user's picking something up without having to know
anything about it, rather than the developers who use it more intimate
ways.... Thus is life in a capitalist world.

Paz

-----Original Message-----
From: zope-admin@zope.org [mailto:zope-admin@zope.org]On Behalf Of
kosh@aesaeion.com
Sent: Thursday, June 07, 2001 9:20 PM
To: Tres Seaver
Cc: Chris Withers; zope@zope.org
Subject: Re: [Zope] Re: Andreesen must die...

I am much more open about this I wish both microsoft and netscape would
burn eternaly for their contributions to the "browser wars". Neither one
of them made a browser that works worth a damn. We have netscape which
doesn't render a bunch of things but gets caching mostly right, we have IE
that lies in the REQUEST, violates the HTTP/1.1 spec, caches stuff it has
been told not to cache etc. At then end of the day I feel like nuking both
of them and a few other browsers also.

Designing the webpages of tomorrow http://webme-eng.com
Designing the MMORPGS of tomorrow http://worldforge.org