[Zope] I have tried everything!!! Isn't it possible to host several domains in 1 Zope and have apache running ????

Gitte Wange gitte@mmmanager.org
Fri, 08 Jun 2001 19:47:06 +0200

At 19:26 08-06-2001 +0200, you wrote:
>> And this is exactly what I have tried to do.
>> Writing the ProxyPass rules i easy.
>>
>> It's the part of the SiteRoot I don't understand (and that's the place I
>fail
>> everytime *S*)
>
>It's really easy. Even easier than the other posts suggest.
>
>Let's say the site is called http://www.gitte.de on the IP 212.6.156.161
>
>and your zope server runs on zope1:8080:
>
>The Apache virtual host definitions would be:
>
><VirtualHost 212.6.156.161>
>  ServerName www.gitte.de
>  ServerAdmin webmaster@gitte.de
>  ProxyPass / http://212.6.156.163:8080/
>  ProxyPassReverse / http://212.6.156.163:8080/
>  TransferLog /var/log/gitte.log
></VirtualHost>
>
>If you don't need separate logging, you can skip the TransferLog line ...
>
>AFAIK you will not need the /p_ and /misc_ ones any more. Just try.
>
>Then you go to your zope1:8080 and add a SiteRoot in the Root with following
>entries:
>
>Title: Whateveryouwant
>Base: http://www.gitte.de
>
>That's all. It will work the same if Zope does run on the same machine. Then
>it is not "zope1:8080" but "www.gitte.de:8080". If you want to point to a
>subdirectory, add the SiteRoot there and change the above ProxyPass lines,
>e.g. make it "ProxyPass / http://212.6.156.163:8080/gitte/".
>
>Just make sure that you don't add or remove any "/", e.g. "ProxyPass /
>http://212.6.156.163:8080" would not work. The Zope server has to run in
>"standalone" mode with ZServer, not as a CGI module. Otherwise this would
>not work as advertised.
>
>BTW: Of course you have to have a DNS server configured to point
>www.gitte.de to the IP 212.6.156.161. But I guess you know that one ... ;-)
>
>Cheers
>
>Joachim

Well ..
I also have some php scripts that I still need to be able to use.
They are stored in (if I use you example) www.gitte.de/zopefuncs.
How do I make a ProxyPass rule so that every request for
www.gitte.de/zopefuncs goes to the apache server ?

Gitte