[Zope] Transactions

Daniel Fairs daniel.fairs@spiderplant.net
Sun, 10 Jun 2001 20:34:28 +0100

Hi,

Reading some of the recent emails on Zope's transaction engine, something
popped into my head which isn't mentioned in the book. How visible are
Zope's transactions? I'm talking about the difference between read
committed, read uncommitted and serializable transactions that you get in
relational databases. I'm guessing that objects in Zope which participate in
transactions can see changes made during that transaction? Is it possible to
change this, so other transactions can read uncommitted data?

Clearly, this isn't so important on smaller sites - but what happens when
you start using Zope in high-transaction-volume sites?

I'm just curious... ;)

Cheers,
Dan

Daniel Fairs | daniel.fairs@spiderplant.net | www.spiderplant.net